How to Keep a Record Collection Safe in 2022
By following these simple tips, you can keep a record collection safe and sound for years to come.
1. Invest in a good storage system.
This will protect your records from dust, dirt, and other debris that can damage them.
2. Handle your records with care.
Avoid bending or creasing them, and never store them in direct sunlight. If you must stack your records, do so with care. Use sturdy cardboard boxes and place them on a flat surface. Make sure the boxes are not too heavy or too big for the Records inside them.
3. Keep them organized.
This will help you find the records you want quickly and prevent damage from handling them too much.
4. Store them in a cool, dry place.
Extremes of temperature can damage records, so it’s important to find a spot that’s not too hot or too cold. If possible, keep them in a climate-controlled environment. Store your records in acid-free sleeves or boxes.
5. Check on your collection regularly.
Inspect each record for signs of wear and tear, and clean them as needed to keep them looking their best.
Quick Tips to Keep a Record Collection Safe
- Do not stack your records on top of each other.
- Avoid exposing your records to direct sunlight.
- Use caution when handling your records. Hold them by the edges and do not touch the playing surface with your fingers or anything else.
- Do not place your records on top of a heat source, like a radiator or hot plate.
- If you have valuable records, consult an expert for information about the best way to protect them.
Even if you take good care of your records, accidents can still happen. To ensure that your collection is protected in case something happens to it, consider investing in a record insurance policy from a reputable company. These companies offer comprehensive protection plans for all types of collections and specialize in record preservation. By following these simple steps, you can rest assured that your record collection will be safe and well-preserved for years to come!